Saturday, January 24, 2009

Welcome to Germany!

Just a quick entry because I have finished my audition and I am so hungry. I could really go for a plate of pasta. mmmm....I need to run for groceries. I have polished off all my raisin bread!
The audition was easy to find and there were singers from all over the world there in the beautiful Dresden semperoper. It was wild. There were women AND men dressed in tight fitting dresses with big skirts and lots of makeup running hurriedly through the hallways. Each one had theatre makeup red like blood running down their neck as if they'd been pierced or maybe bitten by a vampire. hmmm very interesting. I am not sure but I think they may have been in rehearsal for the Die Fledermaus production that is on tonight at the Dresden Semperoper. When I got lost in the audition building on my way out, one of the men in a dress motioned like a mime to show me how to find the exit! Welcome to Germany!
The other singers were the same as everywhere else that I have seen. People were kind and smiled, but we didnt talk much. I talked with a nice girl from South Africa and a tall singer from Hamburg. I had a chance to work with the pianist before the audition which was very nice. He was a lovely gentleman named Stefan.
I really enjoyed listening to my ipod before the audition. It is full of some of Luis and my favorite songs! There is nothing like listening to "Damn it feels good to be a gangster," before your audition! I felt like such a gangster! I was also thinking of a certain saying in Spanish that Luis taught me recently, but there is already one swear word in this entry so if you want to know the saying you will have to ask me!
I took some photos in the old city after my audition today. I will post them soon.
I have already moved to the big bedroom with all the bunk beds for tonight. Well, I am so hungry right now that I cant focus. Maybe I will go back to the fish and french fry place I went to the other day.
Take care everybody.

2 comments:

  1. Glad your audition went well!!

    toi-toi!!! for the rest.

    How long are you there?

    JanO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika, congratulations on feeling good about the audition ~ now relax :) I'm thinking of you...Love Aunt Barbie

    ReplyDelete