Thursday, February 19, 2009

Adventures With Claire

Hello everybody! There are lots more pictures. I hope you are all doing well. I am currently in Belgium visiting the lovely and fabulous Claire. She has been very kind and generous with me. She has shown me not only some interesting parts of Brussels, but she has also included me in some of her own daily adventures. It has been so nice to meet her friends and roommates who have all been so much fun. They were excited to practice English with me and also to teach me some new French words. It turns out that this chance to practice my French is going to come in handy very soon!
Brussels is an exciting and international city. Claire says that sometimes she will ride the bus and she won't hear a word of French.
When Alex came to Europe he really enjoyed his visit with Claire and her family in Arlon. Soon after that Claire came to spend 5 months in Tennessee with my Dad and stepmom, Lorna as an exchange student. Now she is in College and I have come to visit her in Brussels. I already have lots of stories to tell. I can tell you that the Belgian fries really are delicious and the waffles too! Claire's friend works in the Chocolate and Cocoa Museum down town. We went for a visit and came out with a bag full of free chocolates (from her friend, but don't tell anyone.) We also ate 3 cookies each dipped in a melted chocolate fountain.
Have a great day. More auditions coming up next week! . It has been great to combine the auditions with adventure and the chance to visit friends and meet new ones. I have to admit I am a bit homesick though, so keep the emails coming! Don't forget to scroll down and view the pictures at the bottom of the blog. You will find the Dusseldorf gallery dog standing for his picture. He's really cute.

1 comment: