Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Funny Stories :)

I just realized that this blog has really been lacking in funny stories. Maybe you blog readers have the wrong impression and think that there were no funny stories on this trip! Believe me there certainly were.
There was probably something crazy every day to tell about. In Paris I was walking around after my audition for example and an old man on a bicycle with a cart behind it started barreling through a pedestrian walkway. Three cigarettes hanging from his mouth. He rode his bike straight for me and I just stopped like a deer in the headlights. "What's wrong with you!" He shouted at me in French. I jumped out of the way just in time my heart racing. He was already gone but for my own satisfaction I said out loud "What's wrong with me? What's my problem? You're the one with three cigarettes in his mouth riding a bike through a pedestrian walkway! You crazy @#$%!" And then he was gone and I was sure he was crazy.
Yes travelling eventually led to a lot of mumbling under my breath especially when lost or tired. I became quite bold about it after a while and just said whatever I thought out loud.
For example I was in line to get a youth metro pass which I am still eligible for when the lady at the ticket desk explained cooly to me that the passes were only available on weekends.
"Excuse me a moment, I have to think about this." I said as politely as possible and stepped aside.
"@$#$%#, #^$%!&** &^&%$$" I said in frustration. Just as I opened my mouth two American tourists, a couple in their late 50s approached the desk. The man flashed me an amused smile.
"Excuse me. Welcome to Paris!" I told them and walked away.
More stories and pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment