Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Funny Story/ Love

Well when I first arrived in Paris the night after an audition in Dusseldorf, I found my youth hostel and felt smart because it was a breakfast included youth hostel. A sign posted at the check in desk told the hours for breakfast. In the morning I came downstairs and looked for the table spread with fresh croissants and delicious coffee. Perhaps some orange juice. I didn't see it. hmmm...did I miss it? No, it should be here. I approached the lady at the desk. Her caramel colored hair hung in layers around her face. A matching hand bag sized dog perched on the desk in front of her with fur the same color and texture as the lady's hair. The lady wore an unimpressed expression. The dog shivered delicately. "Sorry did I miss breakfast?"
"eer are your tokens. There is coffee in the machine and croissants in the machine next to it."she said matter of factly. "ok."
I could have a cup of coffee and two croissants or two cups of coffee and one croissant...hmmm better try one of each first. The individually plastic wrapped croissants that fell with a "thunk!" from the vending machine were about the same level of deliciousness as a little debbie snack cake (to me simply awful and the machine coffee? undrinkable.) I was dissapointed at first, but then decided "Hey, at least there's breakfast." The chocolate croissants weren't so bad.
I asked the lady for directions to Place de la Bastille for my audition. "What is your dog's name?" I asked her.
"Er name is Luhb."
"Sorry?"
"Luhb!"
"Oh Love!" The lady pulled out a free map and unfolded it over the dog. hahaha! Welcome to Paris. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment